Here is a new plugin which the main reason for creating was to take some old code of mine that i have been using in many sites and turn it in to a plugin created with Better Plugin Maker (which is another plugin which I'll release soon so make sure to follow up on this) and I ended up with Simple LyteLoad.
What does it do?
A large percentage of our page load time is taken up by images downloading. So to speed up the page load and save and a lot of bandwidth this plugin delays loading of your page images to load images only when the user scrolls to those locations. In other words Lazy loading.
There are other plugin out there that already lazy load images for WordPress but this plugin is a simple light weight solution to lazy load images of posts and pages as well as lazy load comment avatars which on posts with over 250 comments its about 200 different avatars and most people never scroll all the way down to see them all so we end up saving major bandwidth and speeding up the page as we go.
- Works Out of the box With any theme.
- Lyte load post and pages images.
- Lyte load avatars (useful on posts with many comment).
- lyteload post thumbnails.
- jQuery Css selector for lyte loading customization.
- Change the Placeholder image.
- Very Very Easy to use.
- Integrated Help tab
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
You can head over to the plugin option panel to change and customize the settings if you want.
- Initial release