About a week ago i saw this question on WPSE and i answered it with a plugin that i had laying around for some time but i never really had the time to upload it to the Plugin repository, which i just did so here you go Author Category plugin.
What does it do?
This Plugin allows you to select specific category per user and all of that users posts will be posted in that category only.
How does it work?
When editing or creating a post the plugin check to see if the current user has a specific category set, if so then it removes the categories metabox and makes sure that the user's post will end up in that selected category.
- Only admin can set categories for users.
- Only users with a specified category will be limited to that category, other will still have full control.
- Removes category metabox for selected users.
- Removed categories from quick edit for selected users.
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
After activating the plugin, when logged in as admin user (or any user with 'manage-options'), you can head to users >> edit (any user you want)
and at the bottom you will see a new dropdown list of you categories which you can choose for that user. Once you select a category and update, that user will be limited to that category only in all of his posts.
- Initial release