Recently i had a client ask for an instant search functionality in his WordPress site like Google had implemented which was simple to do and since i had so free time on a long train ride I took the code i had and turned it in to a every easy to use plugin. presenting Simple Instant Search
What does it do?
How does it work?
- Very easy to install and use.
- Easy configuration screen.
- simple options to style the search results.
- extendable by hooks and filters all around.
- Use as shortcode.
- Use as template tag for easy integration with your theme or plugin.
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Simply create or edit post/page and add the
shortcode to it. then head over to the plugin admin panel under settings/Instant Search and configure you instant search. if you want to use it in a template file then just use
<?php echo do_shortcode('[IS]'); ?>
- changed CSS to fix front end submit hidden.
- Fixed content phrasing issue thanks to Omer Goshen
- Initial release