Lots of changes since the first version of advanced code editor came out and last week the plugin reached 30,000 download so i released a major updated with a few new feature to make it the best code editor for WordPress.
- Smart Search (string or regex).
- Search and Replace.
- Full Screen editor.
- 11 editor themes.
- Multiple Undo & Redo (editor remembers all edits).
- AutoComplete with over 3500 WordPress Functions.
- Tested and Works with IE8,9,10 FF3.6 and up, chrome 8 and up.
- Ajax save file. (NEW)
- Ajax Create new file. (NEW)
- Ajax Delete file. (NEW)
- Ajax Create new directory. (NEW)
- Jump To Line with hot key Crtl + G. (NEW)
- File Tree View (NEW)
- Download theme button.(NEW)
- Download Plugin button.(NEW)
- Download file button.(NEW)
- Editor Code Folding.(NEW)
- Toggle file tree on/off.(NEW)
- Comment code out/in.(NEW)
- Auto format and indenting code.(NEW)
- Built-in version control.(NEW)
Built in Version control
Its simple and easy, Before you edit any file just click the commit version button and a dialog like this will popup:
enter your commit message, and click commit.
TIP: use descriptive and detailed messages which will help you roll back to the right version when you need to.
Then when you can change the file as much as you want and always have a starting point to return to.
Make as many commits as you want per file (the more the better).
To roll back to en earlier version click the "restore version" button and you should see something like this:
Where you can see a lists of commits to restore by click the restore button or delete by click the delete button. The red button at the bottom will remove all saved versions of the file.
that is it for now enjoy.