The first post on this blog was named shortcodes because its shorter which is a post that explains what are shortcodes and how to use them, since then i've found myself creating a shortcode for almost anything i need and the only bad thing about it was that for each shortcode i created i needed to edit my functions.php file or create a plugin just for that. So this plugin Shortcodes UI is here to fix that and address a few more issues on the way.
What does it do?
This Plugin adds an admin UI for creating shortcodes without the need to code, edit code, or even know code.
How does it work?
This plugin uses the custom post type API and the Shortcodes API to enable an admin interface for creating shortcode, from the simplest type there is to the most advanced shortcode you can think of.
- Based on the native custom post type (no extra tables in the database).
- Ajaxed Import/Export functionality (so you can move your shortcodes from one site to another and shared them around).
- Built in Tinymce (visual editor) button with an Ajaxed popup panel.
- Built in Quicktag (HTML editor) button with an Ajaxed popup panel.
- Works with all posts types (post,page,custom).
- Each shortcode Can be used as a Template Tag.
- Each shortcode has its own filter hook.
- Export as standalone plugin (SOON).
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Watch this video:
- Edbuttons bug fixed (js now only included on edit pages).
- fixed html editor button ajax function.
- notice in metabox class fixed.
- notice in plugin class fixed.
- sortcodes UI panel ajax bug fixed.
- restored missing Shourcodes ui metaboxes.
- cleaned Code, Fixed dashboard widgets bug.
- Added three more tutorial videos.
- Added two tutorial videos to WordPress 3.3 help tabs.
- fixed attributes and external files JS.
- Fixed Quicktags bug on version 3.3 to work with the new editor API.
- Big Update, ReCoded External File inclution and added a feature to use WordPress Built-in 'wp_enquire_script()' and 'wp_enquire_style()'
- Added options panel to let you control how can create shortcodes by role.
- Fixed Import,Export panel to include scripts correctly.
- Added shortcode filter support and fixed minor bugs.
- Initial release