So being the nice guy that I am i decided to take a crack at this and this is what i came up with Simple Gist Embed
What does it do?
This Plugin allows to embed GitHub Gist to your posts/pages/custom using a simple shortcode and even simpler using a built-in Tinymce button. I know there are other plugins which do that already but this plugin also lets you create a GitHub Gist From within your WordPress admin. Other then the option to create Gists from your admin this plugin is faster then the others because of it’s built-in caching of Gists to the database.
How does it work?
- Updated to the latest GitHub API V3
- Create Gists from your WordPress Admin panel
- Internal cache built-in
- Built in Tinymce (editor) button.
- Works with all posts types (post,page,custom).
- Can be used as a Template Tag
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Simply create or edit post/page and click the newly added TinyMCE button (the one with the GitHub cat icon) and the rest is simple.
or watch this video:
- Initial release