I needed a very simple link hits tracking done on a WordPress site and an even simpler way to let my client manage and view these links and hits, Now i did find some nice and well coded plugins but most of them were a major over kill for this kind of simple hits only tracking, So i just created this new plugin
What does it do?
This Plugin allows you to create new links in the form of yourdomain.com/Go/XXXXX which will count hits and redirect to your desired location.
How does it work?
- Simple and lightweight.
- No Custom tables.
- Easy to use UI (post type).
- Hits tracking built in.
- Target link thumbnails.
- Counts Unique per 24 hours
- Few hooks to filter and do your own actions on critical points.
Download the latest Version from WordPress.org
Simple Installation steps:
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Head over to settings >> premalinks and save the settings.
- Initial release